There is no denying that every part of our body requires special attention, and our underarms are no exception. And since it is almost summer, it is very important to take good care of them and keep them clean and hair-free. However, shaving or going to the salon are not the only options to get rid of underarm hair.
There are a few natural remedies that can help you get rid of that unwanted hair, and they are really effective in the long run. Here’s how you can remove underarm hair in just two minutes with this simple home remedy.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4th cup of lemon juice
- 1/4th cup of water
- 1/4th cup of honey
How To Prepare And Apply
- Take a bowl of water. Put it on the flame and let the water boil for some time.
- Once it starts boiling, add the other ingredients to it and mix well.
- Let the ingredients boil for around half an hour on low flame.
- Once the solution turns brown and its consistency becomes thick, remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Now, wash your underarms with water and pat dry with a clean towel. This will help in removing the sweat.
- Take baby powder or talcum powder and dust your underarms with it. The powder will help in removing extra oil from your armpit region.
- Now, take a flat spoon and spread this mixture evenly on your armpits. Make sure you apply a thin layer because a thick layer can make the process messy.
- Allow the mixture to harden for some time.
- Once it becomes dry, tighten the skin of your underarms and try to peel off the sugary solution using the other hand. You need to be really quick while pulling it off because if you do it slowly, the wax can form wrinkles and it won’t remove the hair effectively.
- It is very important to clean the left-over residue of the wax with water and soap. After pat drying, apply a light moisturizer to keep your skin soft and smooth.
- You can repeat the same procedure on your other underarm as well. But before trying this, it is very important to do a patch test. Apply this wax in a small portion of the skin first. If it does not cause any allergy, you can apply it to your underarm.
This is the easiest way to remove underarms hair naturally, but there are a few people who are allergic to some of the ingredients present in this wax, such as lemon juice. For them, there are other natural ways of getting rid of underarm hair. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. Egg And Corn Flour
To use egg and corn flour to remove underarm hair, take a tablespoon of egg white and add half a tablespoon of cornflour to it. Mix the solution well. Apply it to your armpits and let it dry completely. Wash it off with water.
2. Milk And Turmeric
Take two tablespoons of milk and add one tablespoon of turmeric to it. Mix the solution well to form a smooth paste. Now apply this paste to your underarms and let it dry for some time. Wash it off with water once it dries completely.
3. Sugar And Lemon
This is one of the age-old methods to get rid of body hair naturally. Take two tablespoons of lemon juice and add one tablespoon of sugar to it. Mix the ingredients to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste to your underarm in the direction of the hair growth and let it dry for some time. Clean it off with a wet and clean cloth. Apply this twice or thrice a week, and you will notice a decrease in the growth of your underarm hair.
4. Egg Mask
To prepare this mask, take the white portion of an egg and add a tablespoon of sugar to it. Mix the ingredients well until it forms a fine paste. Now, apply this to your underarms and let it dry for some time. Pull the dried egg mask in the opposite direction of the hair growth. The hair will get pulled off. Wash your skin with water and apply a light moisturizer.
5. Chickpea Flour Mask
We have been using chickpea flour for a number of things, but did you know that you can also use it to remove unwanted hair from your underarms? To make this hair removal recipe, take a bowl and add 4-5 tablespoons of chickpea flour to it. Add one teaspoon of fresh cream, 4-5 tablespoons of milk, and one teaspoon of turmeric to it and mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste. Start applying this to your underarms evenly in the direction of the hair growth. Leave it on for half an hour and then start rubbing off the flour. Once you are done removing the dried paste completely with your hands, wash it off with plain water. Do this once a week.
Aren’t these methods easy?
Try them out and let us know your experience.
We hope you enjoyed reading the article. Share your views in the comments section below.